Here’s my everyday sandwich for work. You can make the recipe healthy by replacing the mayonnaise and ketchup with avocado paste (mashed avocado mixed with lemon juice, black and white pepper, crushed garlic and chopped onions).
- 1 cup cooked chicken (deboned, flaked or minced)
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 tablepoons mayonnaise (or more depending on your preference)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (or more depending on your preference)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 or more slices of bread (any bread of your choice)
- Place all of the ingredients except the bread in a medium bowl.
- Mix well until the ingredients are well combined. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Toast the bread slices in a lightly greased frying pan or flat pan till crispy and golden brown on one side.
- Spread the other part of the bread with mayonnaise and add the filling.
- Cover the sandwich with another toasted slice.
You can add more vegetables as you please. For sandwiches, you can mix a lot of things together. Enjoy cooking . Lady Elolo xoxo.