This is a snack made by coating groundnuts otherwise known as peanuts with flour.
- 1 cup Dry peanuts
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 table-spoon flour
- 1 Egg
- A pinch of Nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoon of fresh milk
- Pour the peanut into hot boiling water for about 2 minutes (just like blanching)
- Strain the peanut and allow to air dry.
- mix the flour, sugar and nutmeg
- Add the fresh egg and stir together
- Add the milk and stir them all together to form a buttery mixture
- Set some plain flour aside
- Pour some of the buttery mixture on the peanut and coat the peanut well with the butter.
- Sprinkle the flour onto the buttered peanut
- Shake the mixture to get a well coated peanut
- Strain off excess flour, ensure the peanuts are separated and not stuck together.
- Preheat the oil until ready. pour the peanuts in the oil and fry for about 3- 5 minutes.
- Scoop from oil and strain off excess oil, allow to cool and keep in an air tight container.
serve it any time. Enjoy…. You can add some pepper to make it hot and sweet. you can play with this recipe to get you prefered taste.