Banana Cake is my favourite. I have them every now and them as a delicious tea time snack that goes well with coffee or tea.
enjoy this cake with a load of banana goodness!
- 150 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 90 g sugar
- 120 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1 nutmeg
- Mash bananas into a smooth paste.
- Mix room temperature butter and sugar evenly.
- Add eggs to mixture and beat until smooth.
- Sift flour into the mixture.
- grate in half of the nutmeg.
- Ensure that batter is mixed thoroughly.
- Pour batter into pan (27 x 14 x 7cm) which has been greased with butter.
- Lightly hit pan on table top to level the mixture.
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees Celcius and bake cake for 45 minutes (usually takes about 40-50 minutes).
- Use a clean knife or skewer to test if cake is ready. If it comes out clean, it indicates cake is ready.
I enjoyed making it. I ate it warm. lol I couldn’t wait. I sometimes eat it by drizzling lemon juice on it with some honey and whipped cream.
May name is Lady Elolo.