Osborne pudding is one of my favorites. I love it to the bone. It’s a simple dessert using bread. I am using wheat because its a healthier option. So to prevent your bread from going stale, here is a trick…
10-15 slices of wheat bread
Margarine for spreading
pineapple jam for spreading (or any of your choice)
1 tablespoons of grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
2-3 eggs depending on the number of slices
Sugar to taste
One tin of milk
10 ml of water
1. Spread the bread with margarine.
2. Carefully spread the bread again with the jam.
3. Grease the baking pan and preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk
5. Add sugar, nutmeg, vanilla essence and milk.
6. Make sure all ingredients are evenly incorporated and has a pouring consistency.
7. Cut the bread diagonally to give it a triangle look and line it in the baking pan.
8. Pour the mixture over the bread and leave for 10-15 minutes to soak up the mixture. Ensure that the mixture gets on all the bread.
9. Bake for 20mins. Make sure to check on it 8-10 minutes after commencing. If the bread turns golden brown, and pulls away from the edges of the baking pan, it is ready for consumption.
It can be eaten with vanilla ice cream or any ice-cream of your choice, as well as sweet sauces like apple sauce, pineapple sauce, jam sauce or honey.
Enjoy cooking.. lady Elolo here.