Fried noodles are a very popular street food due to the influx of instant noodle brands and products. It takes less time, and you can add as much vegetables and protein to obtain your desired dish. Basically, egg is used as the main protein source but others can be added. I like mine with shrimps, and small cuts of beef.
- Noodles (I just 3 packs cos I am a foodie.lol)
- Chopped veggies (carrots, cabbage, spring onions, cauliflower, green bell pepper) –You can use more if you like.
- Protein source (eggs, fried beef, sautéed shrimps, Tofu etc)
- 2 tablespoons Soya sauce
- spice powder that comes with noodles
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- Chili sauce or powdered pepper
- Bring cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add noodles and cook till the designated time. The ones I use are 5 minutes cook time. Drain off in a colander. Rinse them well to remove starch. Add little oil and mix the noodles to prevent it from sticking together.
- Heat a deep frying with oil. Add one egg and stir.
- Add the chopped veggies except spring onions and cabbage. Drizzle the noodle spice and fry till they are almost cooked but crunchy.
- Add you desired protein source. I used fried beef and shrimps. (I seasoned and cooked the beef and shrimps before starting the noodles.)
- Add the sauces. Taste to check if it is spicy or hot enough. You can add salt if it is not.
- When it begins to bubble add the noodles, cabbage and spring onions
- Mix well and fry vegetable noodles on high for 2 to 3 minutes keep tossing. if it looks sticky , can just drizzle some extra oil.
- Serve hot.
In Ghana here, we take our meals to a different level. So after the meal is dished out, depending on your preference, it is served with baked beans and sardines. That’s a lot of stuff on one plate. Lol. If you work out , then you don’t have to worry. Enjoy Cooking!!