Curry rice to me is very beautiful. I love colourful food. You can add more colours by stir frying some bright coloured vegetable and mixing them with the rice, to make it irresistible.
the most important ingredient is curry powder
- 1 cup g rice
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder. (or less depending on how colourful you want it)
- 50g chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Chopped vegetables for garnish (carrots, green or red bell pepper, parsley etc)
- Put oil into a saucepan and put on medium to high heat.
- Add the onions and fry for 5mins or when soft
- Add the curry powder and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir very well. Make sure all the rice is coated with the curry.
- Add 1 cup water or more to the rice and stir. (The water level depends on the type of rice you use.)
- Add salt.
- You can cook it in the saucepan for 30-45 minutes or transfer it into the rice cooker.
- The rice is cooked when it is soft to touch.
- Stir fry the chopped vegetables of your choice and mix into the rice.
Enjoy this with any sauce or stew of your liking. I love it with hot chilli sauce and some grilled chicken. It has been yours truly, LADY ELOLO.