This doughnut is usually eaten at breakfast with porridge or eaten as a snack with groundnuts and a drink. it is also a popular street food.
- 3 cups strong bread flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3(7g) sachets of dried yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 Table spoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Veg oil for deep-frying
- Pour all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the butter and rub it in till well mixed
- Add about a cup of warm water (note not hot as that will disable the yeast)
- Mix well, beating while mixing, the mixture should be runny not hard.
- Cover the mixture for about half an hour for it to double in size.
- Heat vegetable oil on fire till hot.
- Stir the mixture and start scooping in a ball shape with fingers or use an ice cream scoop preferable the one in the image.
- Keep turning your puff for even frying time for all sides. it is cooked when it turns golden brown .
- Repeat procedure till all the mixture is fried and nicely done.
enjoy cooking and eating. yours truly, LADY ELOLO