Not a day goes by, in my house, without making pancakes. Its everyone’s favorite. We add variety of fresh fruit puree to the mixture to create several types of pancakes. I also do them as a savory dish, by wrapping them in minced meat or stir fried vegetables. They are made without baking powder, and look more like crepes.
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cup milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- Sift together flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with a mixer or by hand.
- Mix in the flour mixture until everything has been incorporated.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes.
- Lightly coat the hot frying pan on fire at medium heat with vegetable oil.
- Then pour about a ½ cup of batter depending on your fry pan. Tilt pan so the batter spreads across the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the pancake for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown.
- Lift with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- Serve hot sprinkle on top some cinnamon sugar, sugar, lemon juice, syrup, or honey with fresh fruits on the side.
Enjoy cooking. it has been yours truly, LADY ELOLO