“nkate cake” is a local snack made from peanuts. It has a similar cooking procedure like the coconut balls. I hope you love it like I do.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 a cup of water
- Juice of half a lemon (optional)
- 2 cups of roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
- Prepare caramel by dissolving sugar in the water and lemon juice. Stir until it dissolves on a low heat and bring to boil.
- Allow to boil for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Once the caramel is a brown shade (not burned!!), add the peanuts and stir in order to coat them very well.
- Take a tray lined with greased paper and pour the peanut mixture in. Spread out and press down firmly with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula until about 1/5 to 3/4 of a centimeter thick. (Extreme care must be taken because the mixture is extremely hot.)
- Allow to cool slightly then cut up into rectangles.
- Serve as a snack
It has been yours truly, Lady Elolo. xoxo