Tilapia is popular in many parts of Africa and especially in Ghana. It is served with shito, hot and spicy tomato and garnished with sliced tomatoes, onions and green bell peppers.
- 3 medium size tilapias ( scaled and gutted)
- 50 g ginger, finely grated
- 50 g garlic, crushed
- 1 habanero pepper or half of a scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 100ml tablespoon of cooking oil
- Turn on you grill to maximum whether charcoal barbecue grill or the conventional oven.
- Cut 3 to 4 slits on each side of the tilapia.
- Sprinkle salt on all fishes, by rubbing it into every cavity on the fish.
- Blend the garlic, ginger, pepper and some salt into a paste. Pour mixture into a bowl and add 50 ml oil to the mixture.
- pour mixture over all fishes by rubbing it into all the slits and cavities of the fish.
- grease grilling sheet with oil and place fishes on them.
- Grill for about 10 minutes on both sides. Ensure that, you do not burn the fish. Check on each side constantly. The intensity of the fire may burn it.
Enjoy. Yours Truly, Lady Elolo