“Red Red” is a bean stew made with palm oil and tomatoes hence the name. Red red is normally eaten with fried plantain, kaakro or kelewele, and sometimes treated as a stew to be eaten with other meals like rice, boiled yam and plantain.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of palm oil
- 1 onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stock cube or seasoning
- 2 cups of cooked beans (black eye)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the palm oil and fry the onions until golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger and tomato puree and fry for about 3 minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock cube or seasoning and allow to cook for about 10minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and allow to simmer.
- Add the pepper and salt to improve taste.
- After 1 minutes the dish is ready to be serve.