I love anything that has caramel in it. This coconut balls are amazing. The struggle is having to deal with a whole coconut, so get those that have been taken out of the shell.
- 1 coconut (Remove from shell)
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ a cup of water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Grate the coconut.
- Prepare caramel by dissolving sugar in the water and lemon juice. Stir until it dissolves on a low heat and bring to boil.
- Allow to boil for 10 minutes without stirring.
- When the mixture turns brown, add the shredded coconut and stir for 10 minutes.
- Continue to stir until the caramel coconut gives off a nice coconut aroma.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool slightly then mold into balls.
- Grease a plate with butter and place the balls of coconut on them.
- Serve warm.