Agbeli Kaklo is a very yummy local snack which can be eaten with coconuts or roasted peanuts.
this is what cassava looks like.
6 large size Fresh cassavas (peeled)
1 liter Cooking oil
Salt to taste
- Grate the cassava finely and place it into a bowl containing 1 litre of water and drain.
- Put the grated cassava in a large clean dish cloth and place a heavy object on it to drain remaining liquid overnight.
- Rub the mixture in a sieve to remove the chaff.
- Add salt and leave to dry in the sun for some 30 minutes.
- Mould the mixture into small balls.
- Deep fry the balls in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve with roasted peanut and coconut.
Enjoy this lovely snack. It has been yours truly, Lady Elolo.