It is a local dish popular among the Ewes in Ghana. It is can be eaten with any sauce, stew, or fresh ground pepper and any protein as desired.
- 4 cups of corn dough
- 1 cup of flour
- salt to taste
- Mix 2 cups of corn dough with water and place on fire to create a thick porridge-like consistency called aflata.
- Mix the aflata and the remaining raw dough.
- Add salt and the flour and stir well.
- leave the mixture for 25 mins to rise.
- Heat water and prepare a pot for steaming.
- Scoop the mixture into several single cupcake tins (traditional scooped on abolo leaves).
- Place them in the steamer and steam for about an hour.
- Serve with stew or fried fish.
yummy its ready for consumption. stay glued for more recipes this and every Wednesday. cheerio. it has been your girl, lady Elolo. xoxo!!!!