Kakro is a yummy plantain dish. It is very sweet because we use very ripened plantain. i like mine to be hot and spicy, so i add more red pepper and mixed spices to improve the flavor.
- 5 lbs. very ripped and soft plantain
- 600ml Palm oil or cooking oil
- 1 large Onion
- 80 g fresh ginger
- 1 lbs. dough or hard flour
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- Blend pepper, onions and ginger.
- Peel off the plantain skins.
- Cut the plantain in bits and place in a food processor. (Traditionally, you can mash them in the mortar and pestle). Do this till the mixture is fine.
- Mix in the blended pepper, onions and ginger. Add in the dough or flour and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to improve the taste to your liking.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat and add oil
- Scoop the mixture with a spoon into the oil when hot. Continue this process to cover the frying pan .
- Turn it gentle only when the lower part is cooked to avoid splitting.
- Fry it till it is golden brown on both sides
- Place cooked kakro in a colander or on oil absorbing sheets.
- Serve with rice, beans or as a snack with peanuts.
yummy its ready for consumption. stay glued for more recipes this and every Wednesday. cheerio. it has been your girl, lady Elolo. xoxo!!!!